Nepenthes xiphioides

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 05:54:29 PDT

Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:54:29 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes xiphioides

While browsing through Nepenthes pictures on the Web, I came across an
image of N. xiphioides on Johannes Marabini's website. Very Cool. I
see that Andreas Wistuba has seedlings for sale, but I haven't found any
cultural information. I'd like to know more before I decide whether to
try a plant or just settle for gazing at the picture. Is N. xiphioides a
very high elevation plant, or is it one of the more tolerant species?
What are the leaf/pitcher dimensions of a mature plant?

Thanks,
       Nick

(C. follicularis finally producing "big" pitchers. Three cheers for
Dynagrow fertilizer)

Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~nplummer/