Re: Dehumidifier condensate

From: Carl Gustafson (carl.gustafson@cbis.ece.drexel.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 11:25:48 PDT

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:25:48 -0400
From: Carl Gustafson <carl.gustafson@cbis.ece.drexel.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Dehumidifier condensate

>First: I recently bought a dehumidifier for the apartment and was
>wondering if anyone has used the water from one of these beasties on their
>plants. I use R.O. water normally, but since I don't have a unit, I get
>it from the aquarium store in 5 gallon jugs and occasionally I run out
>when it's not convenient to get there and refill. It'd be nice to be able
>use the 2-3 gallons a day this thing condenses if I had to. I'll probably
>have it checked before I used it in any case, but I wondered if anyone had
>vehement "yes" or "no" experience with them.

I use it all the time. My plants (various drossera, utrics, and sphagnum)
do just fine. I've been doing this for several years now, btw.

My nepenthes gets tap water, always thoroughly flushing the pot with
watering. It is pitchering well, and has been for about 6 months. It has
always been on tap water, btw.

Carl