diazinon

From: Susan Ziegler (sziegler@icon-stl.net)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 23:56:42 PDT

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 01:56:42 -0500
From: Susan Ziegler <sziegler@icon-stl.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: diazinon

Hi! I have a question (obviously).. hopefully it will get answered in the
next few days because I will be switching isps.

I seem to have a bale of dry sphagnum peat that has larvae or eggs in it
from flys (possibly fruit flys). My dad can cook it but that takes time to
cook then dry so I can use it. It seems the larvae like to eat the roots
of my CP's and other plants, so that they die. Would diazinon, a type of
bug killer, help with this problem? Would it harm my CP's? Of course, I'd
water it in thoroughly..

Thanks

Susan