Database changes

From: Loyd Wix (Loyd.Wix@unilever.com)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 05:27:23 PDT

Date: 10 Jul 1998 13:27:23 +0100
From: Loyd Wix <Loyd.Wix@unilever.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Database changes

          Dear Jan,

>>Jan can we now recognise P.fiorii on the database, at
>>least until the whole issue is resolved by future work?

>We can. With the recent new discoveries and possible
>further ones, I am not at all prepared to be dogmatical
>with these taxa and their names (as long as they are
>legitimate according to the ICBN). Be patient with database
>updates, however.

          Thanks I will be patient over database updates. BTW will a
          future update include Lowries recent publications on Drosera
          and Byblis? There is one of my images of D.aff.petiolaris
          erect included in the database as D.petiolaris, which is now
          Lowries D.paradoxa.

>The main point I am making is that _P. fiorii_ does
>certainly have much less to do with _P. balcanica_ than
>with _P. longifolia_ s.l.

          OK I can accept this point, I haven't been able to find my
          copy of the Tammaro and Pace paper but running by memory I
          remember supposed similarities to P.balcanica in their
          description.

          Kind regards

          Loyd