RE: Feeding sundew & cobra lily

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 06:45:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:45:17 -0400
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Feeding sundew & cobra lily

> I do have a question for any seasoned growers on the
> list. I was wondering if anyone could describe to
> me the best way to feed my sundew and cobra lily. I
> just can't figure it out and there isn't much food
> for them in my house.

Hi Karin, welcome to the list! The best way to feed your plants is to
stick them outside so they can feed themselves. If that is not an
option, you can catch insects yourself and feed your plants. Try to use
live insects if you can. The struggles of the living insect stimulate
capture/digestion in many CP species. Also, don't overfeed your plants.
If you're unfamiliar with what your plants want, start with very small
insects and work your way up to larger ones if they seem happy.

Hope this helps,
Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.atlantabotanicalgarden.org/titan.htm