Re: Nepenthes

From: gfroese1 (gfroese1@MINET.gov.MB.CA)
Date: Sat Jul 04 1998 - 15:04:29 PDT

Date: Sat, 4 Jul 98 22:04:29 -0000
From: gfroese1 <gfroese1@MINET.gov.MB.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes

Hi, thanks for responding. I bought my first nepenthes plant today, and
the traps were open this time. I have no idea what kind of nepenthes it
is though. The traps are about 1 inch in length and have little hairs
pointing towards the front on both sides. The leaves are long but broad
and are relatively the same colour as a venus fly trap. The trap is a
lighter green than the leaves of the plant.
I don't suppose I could find an answer to another question of mine
concerning the cobra lily I bought recently. When I bought it, I picked
out the one that had the least damage. This one only has a little bit of
a fungus problem I believe. On the top of the traps red spots developed,
I was just wondering how I should go about getting rid of them so it
doesn't spread to the newly forming traps. Any suggestions?

A dedicated CP grower, Michael Froese