Sarr rhizome notching & Darlingtonia

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 14:30:09 PDT

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:30:09 -0600
From: John Green <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarr rhizome notching & Darlingtonia

I have an S leuco and S minor that both have rhizomes about 3"/8cm and
I'd like to multiply them by rhizome notching. Both plants are potted and
outside (daytime temps are getting up to about 95F/36C). Is it okay to do
it now or should this only be done earlier in the spring?

Also, is there any way to encourage Darlingtonia to send out the stolons
which can be propagated?

And I was wondering what effect all the fires in Florida have had on CP
areas? CNN said that mostly "scrubby swamp land" had been burned,
which sounds like CP habitat.