RE: Jason's Trumpets

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 22:37:38 PDT

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 01:37:38 -0400
From: Jason Ashley <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Jason's Trumpets

Randy and all,

Thankyou for the advice! I'm happy to take it. My S. o x p however looks
bad all over. It was a weak plant to begin with, very small with flimsy
trumpets. I think it's on its way out. The trumpets are lying nearly on
the ground and today we got a very heavy rain which caused the trumpets
to fill and fall over completely and then fill with peat and sand mud.
The pitchers are so tiny I have no way to get the mud out. All in all
I'm not at all impressed with this plant in the least. Maybe it is
beautiful when mature but while the others thrive (in the same pot) this
one just gets weaker and weaker for reasons I don't know. There are
nearly no new shoots and the few that were new when I got the plant 3
weeks ago are turning brown too. It came from California Carnivores with
all the others but I wish they had sent me a more vigorous plant.

Thanks!
Jason Ashley
Warwick, NY