Re: CP aaaaa Venus

From: Randall Palmer (sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us)
Date: Tue Jun 23 1998 - 11:14:40 PDT

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:14:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Randall Palmer <sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP aaaaa Venus

Want some Venus growers input. Along time ago when Hippies roamed Coconut
Grove south of Miami. I was talking to a Venus grower and he said "Venus
is an air plant and as such they are very prolifit and they even multiply
by spores."

I'm finding that the first part to be true, in my first expierament, I
didn't believe him back then but by mistake I didn't water at all now
and the soil dryed out after they had turn black from to much water,and
from the dry ground, I set it aside and didn't water the Venuses for two
weeks, new plants are growing.

As for the second statement being that the soil is basic don't know if the
spores will propagate. Need more input. Not sure of the truth behind the
quote.

Don't know if like a disoriented hound dog I'm barking up the wrong tree
after a raccoon.

Randy Palmer
sfdzeqe0@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us