Introduction + Sarracenia question

From: Duncan@masenv.demon.co.uk
Date: Thu Jun 11 1998 - 11:02:36 PDT

Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:02:36 +0100
From: Duncan@masenv.demon.co.uk
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Introduction + Sarracenia question

Hi all,

I'm a young enthusiast with new CP's. Living in SE England with few garden
centres and with only one book i think i'm diving in at the deep end. I
have a VFT, a D.capensis and a very new (and much adored) Sarracenia
something ( x.catesbaei i think) and that brings me to my question.=20

When i bought it, about 2 weeks ago, it had a brilliant pitcher or
wonderful green and brick red veins, however the pitcher had no water in
it. I thought it was just coz they hadn't watered it much and for =A33.99 it
was a bargain. I have watered it plentifully in the hope it will fill up
(it hasn't even changed) and i wondered if it were possible to fill it up
myself. This isn't just an impatient cry it's also a general enquiry.

Thanks for you time

Duncan (15)
Cambridge,
East Anglia.

P.S. I'm thinking of starting a campaign against useless instructions on
the back of CP plant tags. :)