re: East Coast VFTs

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Mon Jun 08 1998 - 07:23:48 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:23:48 -0400
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: East Coast VFTs

     Hi Peter and Gang,
      Peter indicated that he needed some warm weather and sun shine from
     the East Coast. It's been cool on the East Coast for the past few
     days, but this past spring has really been nice. With all the El Nino
     rain and warmer then normal winter, it looks like it will be a great
     year for growing CPs.
      My plants are doing just great, especially the VFTs. They seem to
     always be eating something. I wish I could slow this down a bit so I
     could enjoy their open traps a little longer. I recently took some
     photo's of a couple of VFTs. One green form measuring 12 inches
     across(30 cm) and a red form measuring 10 inches(25 cm) across from
     trap to trap. I'm hoping for a 13 inch VFT by the middle of July. Only
     time will tell. I tried to post these pictures, but quickly found out
     that cp@opus.hpl was not set up to handle jpg files. If anyone is
     interested seeing a 12 inch VFT, send me a personal message and I will
     send pictures back.
      There's a bad side to all this nice wet weather, it's call fungus.
     I've seen more fungus this year then the previous year. I guess you
     can't have it all.
     Happy growing from the East Coast of the US
     Charles