Insects and feeding

From: David Armour (s365872@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: Sat Jun 06 1998 - 05:21:08 PDT

Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 22:21:08 +1000
From: David Armour <s365872@student.uq.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Insects and feeding

FWIW:

This is sort of in response to topic 5, Digest 1469.

I have fed my VFT house flies and the like, without a problem- the opposite
in fact!

However, some time ago someone mentioned feeding worms to Nepenthes. I
tried this, but I fed one of my plants a worm that lives in fruit and
vegetable scraps, NOT the normal earthworm. In three days, the whole trap
was black and dead!! Regular earthworms are great though: feeding a
Nepenthes several (in different pitchers) has actually started the plant
growing again, after it slowed down for dormancy. Not the best effect in
terms of dormancy, but this may be good to give plants a kick-start at the
end of their dormancy......

David,
Australia!