Latin is dead

From: Heggood (heggood@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 12:30:42 PDT

Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:30:42 -0400
From: "Heggood" <heggood@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Latin is dead

Richard Wrote:

>I don't understand Latin. I work with many other scientists and they
>don't understand Latin either. Why is it necessary to use a "dead"
>language which excludes so many people ?

It is my understanding that since Latin is a "dead" language it is
preferred by the scientific community because there is not concern
that the meaning of a word will change.

As an example "cool" this day and time may reference a degree of
attractiveness or being "hip" at the risk of being recursive.
-steve-