Re: Re: Cranberries

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu May 28 1998 - 21:01:00 PDT

Date:    Fri, 29 May 98 00:01 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Cranberries

Dear Michael,

> I grow my Sarracenias in peat covered with live spangham and a
> matrix of cranberry vines over that, which my Sarrs. grow up through.
> They help to support the pitchers in the wind. They also provide a
> colorful array of berries in the fall. Right now they are in flower. I
> grow both subspecies.

   Perhaps I should explain why I don't like growing them together better.
I often grow my 2nd year seedling Sarracenia inbetween the adult plants
and they would have much less room or none competing with cranberries.
I never thought about using them as support for the mature plants though.
   Thank's a lot. This set up may very well be more appealing in
appearance for people interested in having a purely decorative bog as
opposed to a more functional bog like mine.

Good Growing,
Dave Evans