Sarracenia psittacina

From: Adao Pereira. (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Wed May 27 1998 - 08:39:17 PDT

Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:39:17 +0200
From: "Adao Pereira." <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia psittacina

Hi, list!

I read two digests ago that someone had a problem with psittacina. It was
sending "thousands" of leaves and they were all small. That's exactly the
problem I have. Even worse: the new leaves are completey green, although
the old ones have a soft red colour. The insects don't even fit the trap.
The plant looks like grass.
Personally, I think that the problem is not the light. Mine receives some
hours (maybe 3 or more) of direct sun light and the rest of the day it is
in a very bright place. I really don't know what's the problem. It may be
humidity, as I keep my psittacina outdoors. Any other suggestions?

Good growing!
Miguel