Nepenthes seed viability

From: Chris Teichreb (cjt@sfu.ca)
Date: Sat May 23 1998 - 11:09:10 PDT

Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Teichreb <cjt@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes seed viability

Hi all,

        Just a quick question about Nepenthes seed viability. In Slack's
book, he notes that the viability of most Nepenthes are relatively short,
but that it can be extended by refrigeration. I have always sown
Nepenthes seed right when I received it, (obviously this is ideal in all
circumstances) but was wondering how long, on average, most Nepenthes seed
could be cold stored and still remain viable? Or is there too much
variability between species to make such a generalization? Thanks in
advance!

Chris

Chris Teichreb
Department of Biological Sciences