Heliamphoras

From: Erik van Zuilekom (9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za)
Date: Mon May 18 1998 - 04:08:18 PDT

Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 13:08:18 +0200
From: "Erik van Zuilekom" <9623426@rgo.sun.ac.za>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Heliamphoras

Hi all,

Sorry about the multiple mails, its just simply a day for
brainstorming...

   I have a few Heliams. that seem to be thriving, they are grown
outside under "partial" shade, receiving full sun during the morning,
50% shade during the day and evening. I have them growing in a
terrarium which is sprayed every morning pretty thoroughly and stand
on/in a layer of peat/live sphagnum about 5cm thick. The plants
therefore dont run out of moisture from below (they dont stand in
water though). I cant emagine the humidity is very high in this
terrarium, though the H. minor is thriving, I'm actually scared the
pots are going to "burst at the seams". Pitchers are slowly
reddening, though I know it is not wise to expose them to any more
sun. The prob. is that H. nutans x heterodoxa is not looking so hot.
Could it be that it needs a little higher humidity?(H. nutans
contribution). Though H. heterodoxa is doing well.

Any suggestions...?

 All the best,
  Erik

>>>**Erik van Zuilekom**<<<