Re: Re: Darlingtonia soil change

From: Andrew Bate (andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 13:03:57 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 20:03:57 GMT
From: andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk (Andrew Bate)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re:  Darlingtonia soil change

On Fri, 15 May 1998 09:25:56 -0700, L235@aol.com wrote:

>Since someone brought up timing of changing the growing medium for
>Darlingtonia californica, I was wondering what people USE for growing =
medium
>for the species ...=20

I use just pure live sphagnum moss and loads of rainwater...
Darlingtonia are my CP 'weed'!

Take a look at my webpage below for an example - the one in the photo
was a runner taken from my main plant and left potted for 12 months.
The main plant is not shown yet but has been undisturbed in a 2'
terracotta planter filled with sphagnum for over 3 years - all I do is
nip off the runners from around the edge each year.

Andrew
--=20
Andrew Bate | Email: andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk
Worcester, UK | Web: http://www.astilla.demon.co.uk