problems with ampullaria and albomarginata

From: Catalano Marcello (catalano@internode.it)
Date: Fri May 15 1998 - 05:05:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:05:16 +0200
From: Catalano Marcello <catalano@internode.it>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: problems with ampullaria and albomarginata

Hi,

Just another question...
I started since some weeks to have problems with N. ampullaria
and albomarginata. The first, after having produced some leaves that =
turned=20
completely red this winter (in full sun), now is producing some green =
leaves, slowly, without pitchers. I changed position from neon lights to =
much more sun, but it seems that the problem is not the light. The =
compost is peat-sand-bark-perlite. It's the second year that it lives in =
this compost. Maybe is the perlite?

The albomarginata have been in the same compost for the same time and it =
shows other strange effects...
Last summer it was in direct light and it produced good deep green =
leaves
and nice small pitcher. It seemed really sun loving.
Now it started again the growth but the leaves are a little bit smaller, =
it still didn't pitcher (with 3 leaves produced) and with neon lights or =
also with direct sun the leaves start to have some red stains, as if =
there was always too much light. Is always the compost or my plants are =
changing their needs?!

Thanks in advance for every help.
P.S. if this can help, I use superthrive once per month, until now =
without problems and with grat results.

                              Marcello Catalano