Re: in a hot climate

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed May 13 1998 - 18:51:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 13 May 98 21:51 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: in a hot climate

Hi Jared,

> in the greenhouse too. I grow all kinds of plants that are not necessarily
> of xeric nature (for all of you laughing and picturing sand dunes) including
> Amorphophallus, bromeliads, etc. Any of you in the thick of heat like me?

Even though I don't think a CP, Drosophyllum lusitanicum, should do fine
for you. It is a very large Sundew and it doesn't like any moisture on
it's stem for more than a few hours (a good soaking followed by a cloudy
day or two is a virtual death sentence), but several inches underground,
the roots can handle a much higher level of moisture.

Dave Evans