Fillin' the pitcher-

From: Paul V. McCullough (pvmcull@voicenet.com)
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 21:10:37 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 00:10:37 -0400
From: "Paul V. McCullough" <pvmcull@voicenet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Fillin' the pitcher-

Gee, Trevor, thanks for updating me on how Pitcher plants digest their
food... but seriously, that wasn't my point.

I just wanted to know if it was necessary to fill the pitchers (3/4 or
1/2 full?) when kept inside. I only occasionally get rain in my
Klimagro. :) This you did answer, quite well. Thank you.

One other question to the list, can distilled water be used to fill the
pitchers, or is rainwater necessary for better bacterial growth?

Also, I could have sworn certain sarrs did use their flaps to shield out
rain water. I guess I stand corrected. How does rain water get into
psittacina? Is this via flooding?

Finally- I'd use an umbrella to stay dry in the rain, Trevor... and if
done on a comparitive ratio- I think most sarr "umbrellas" are probably
much larger then mine!

Cheers,
Paul

--