Re: Cephalotus

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 14:29:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 29 Apr 98 17:29 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Cephalotus

Hello Lance,

> several weeks. The funnel itself is about 3/4 inch tall. One side of
> the funnel has a plain rounded top or rim. The other side sports two
> relatively large leafy points. The mouth of the funnel is about 3/8 inch
> wide.
>
> Is this something "between" a pitcher and a leaf? A "leatcher"? A
> "piteaf", maybe?
>
> Undoubtedly, those of you with Cephalotus experience can shine some
> light on this development. I'd be grateful for any information about
> what my Ceph is up to.
>
> BTW-- It's sending up it's first flower stalk, now, too. It'll be
> awhile before it actually flowers, though. Can Cephs self- pollinate?

I recall seeing some oddball grow from my Ceph, just before it flowered
so maybe this thing is related to the flower you see growing, or perhaps
it is a failed flower? And yes, Ceph can be selfed. I know how to, but
I never did get any seedlings from the few seed that I got from the plant.

Dave EVans