Re: F vs C

From: C. J. Mazur (ccp@vaxxine.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 19:41:15 PDT

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:41:15 -0400
From: "C. J. Mazur" <ccp@vaxxine.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: F vs C

OK and we go on...

>The debate rages on...
>
>> >Unfortunately, for some strange reason, in the Fahrenheit scale, water
>> >boils at 212degrees but at 100degrees Celsius and freezes at 32degrees F
>> >and 0degrees C so there is effectively a 32degree 'offset' on the
>> >Fahrenheit scale.

Does this all really matter? Actually water doesn't boil at 100C I've had
it boil as low as 95C and as high as 108C It fluctuates due to barometric
pressure and altitude. What I'm trying to say is temperature measurement is
all relative. Lets use degrees Kelvin!!! That way 0K is fixed, molecules
cease to vibrate, electrons stop orbiting, matter comes to a stand still.
For the folks who need to know, thats about -273C, who knows what it is
farenheit? Better Question, does it really matter?