UK National Collections

From: Nigel Hurneyman (nhurneyman@onemeaning.com)
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 06:09:25 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:09:25 +0100
From: "Nigel Hurneyman" <nhurneyman@onemeaning.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: UK National Collections

Incoming mail seems to be working again - I have a lot to catch up on,
please be patient.

As part of setting up a Geocities web site for my Rumex collection, I have
summarised all the taxa for which UK National Collections exist, based
upon the 1998 directory. There are 4 specifically for carnivores:

Pinguicula - Paul Temple (Hi Paul, have you survived the death of your
creator, Francis Durbridge?)
Sarracenia - the Cheeks
Sarracenia - the Ainsworths, who also produce that very nice booklet on
Sarries
Sarracenia - Paul Gardner, proprietor of Marston Exotics

One thing that might amuse you is the number of species and cultivars in
the Sarracenia collections - the directory lists the Ainsworths as having 92
species and 25 cultivars, and Marston's as having 84 species and 10
cultivars. Has the genus been taxonomically revised by a Mammillaria guru?

NigelH