this semi-off-topic post

From: Derek Glidden (dglidden@illusionary.com)
Date: Sun Apr 19 1998 - 21:31:25 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 00:31:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Derek Glidden <dglidden@illusionary.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: this semi-off-topic post

Apologies for not being about CP, but I was hoping that someone on the
list might know about or have some knowledge of where to find out about
phosphorescent/bioluminescent plants or fungi. I guess CP just aren't
weird enough for me any more and I need a new thrill. :)

Ok, so I'll maybe make it a little more on-topic. I've noticed a bad
habit in myself and I thought I'd be a jerk and point it out to anyone
else who might also suffer from this bad habit - I'm finding myself more
and more aware of the fact that while I might be able to recognize a
Drosera capillaris in the wild at 50 yards, I have no bloody idea what the
plant is next to it and I feel a bit like an uneducated snob for not
paying any attention to the other plants in the native habitats, or even
somewhat to the habitats themselves. Any good sources that anyone can
recommended on other bog type plants and the habitats in general?

Derek Glidden http://www.illusionary.com
Illusionary.com Home of the Pagan Resource Site
   Web development, database, graphics and general plumbing
Linux, FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP (Say No to NT!)