Re: Re-using plastic labels

From: Chris Marsden (Byway@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Apr 12 1998 - 10:16:11 PDT

Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:16:11 -0400
From: Chris Marsden <Byway@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re-using plastic labels

Jack + everyone else,

Rubbing alcohol is one method, but IMHO Acetone (nail varnish remover) is=

quicker and easier. Paint it on with either the small brush it comes with=

to clean nails or rub it on with an old cloth if you have a bottle, it wi=
ll
get rid of almost all inks immediately and will dry in 5 seconds or so. I=
you are having problems reading old labels written in ink put them under =
UV lamp (screened of course) and you should be able to read it OK. =

In my experience pencil lasts as long as anything, but for easiness to re=
ad
I use a Sharpie Industrial marker as well (It's very expensive but it
doesn't half last - the blurb on the side claims it's resistant against
acid, alkalis, chemicals, UV, IR and gamma irradiation. Funny it doesn't
say it's bomb-proof).

Kindest Regards,

Toby

--