Re: Re: Question abouting sending money internationally

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 08 1998 - 16:14:00 PDT

Date:    Wed, 08 Apr 98 19:14 EDT
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Question abouting sending money internationally

> >It is ilegal to send cash money by mail.
>
> Not in the USA it isn't.

Hello James,

   Actually I think it may be so... I recall the postal people are not
very keen about it and I think (this was years ago) they will not even
let you buy insurance for cash sent by mail. Perhap's I'll have time to
get over to the PO and ask. Even if it is illegal, however, there are
no cops or some such which will enforce this law in this country (USA)
that I am aware of.
   You can't tax undeclared cash send in the mail and I would presume
the government isn't happy about that.

Dave Evans