Nep pervillei

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 08:17:32 PST

Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:17:32 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nep pervillei

Hi Steve

First of all it's Nepenthes pervillei in place of pervellii. Natural habitat
is the Seychelles islands. I read in my books : high humidity, temp from 20 to
25 C, minimum 15. Seems to be intermediate between high and lowlanders, rather
high. Can be compared with Nep madagascariensis, although the seeds are
attached in a different way (Slack), so the taxonomists intended to create a
new genera for it, Annurosperma pervillei. These two Nepenthes are the most
occidental species, about 10.000 kms (or 6000 miles) to the west from the
others Nepenthes geographical distribution area.

Hope it helps you

Laurent