N. pervellii

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 03 1998 - 13:04:06 PST

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 13:04:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm@eskimo.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. pervellii

Hi folks,

> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:02:51 +1000
> From: "Steve & Jan Grigg" <sgrigg@ultra.net.au>
> To: <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: N.pervellii
>
> Hi everyone,
> A few weeks back, I asked the list for some
> information on N.pervellii and haven't had any response. I'm after any
> information on their growing conditions, flowering habits, do the plants
> climb or clump like I have seen in some photos. If they clump, can they then
> be broken up to get more plants. I would like to hear from anyone who has
> had success with this plant. Also for Australian growers, I have limited
        I am thinking that perhaps there is little we know of this species
still in cultivation. It is not exactly as if it has been around long. I
have several clones of it now that are two years old or so from seed or
tissue culture. Given intermediate conditions it seems to grow in a flat
rosette just like any other Nepenthes. I would be interested to know IF
any one actually DOES have large plants and how they got them that way,
but I doubt there are any that large yet. My advice to you Steve is to
wait and see, be surprised etc.. like the rest of us. Not much else you
can do except to go to it's native habitat and gather climatic etc.. data
and try and relate that to the artificial conditions of your greenhouse.

        Also, on a different note, I wish to thank every-body who showed
so much concern for my state of being earlier. The situation I had been
forced into has been resolved to my satisfaction. My thanks to the person
concerned for resolving it as he did and not delaying it further. I
apologize for bringing this sort of thing to the attention of the list,
but sometimes desperate situations require desperate measures, and had it
become worse, you all would have greatly benefitted from the information
and consequences, so I felt perhaps you might forgive me in the long run.
I am lucky that I did not have to resort to hostile actions and fortunate
to have good friends out there for support.
        Many thanks to you all
        Andrew