Re: Nepenthes humidity requirements

From: Mark A. Lysne (mlysne@logicon.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 1998 - 09:21:35 PST

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:21:35 -0800
From: mlysne@logicon.com (Mark A. Lysne)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes humidity requirements

I live in Falls Church, Virginia (near Washington, DC) and I do grow
some of my lowland Nepenthes outside during the summer. I do not put
any plants out until the night-time temperatures stay above 55F. I grow
these plants in the shade of a tree. The plants grow well under these
conditions. I would not grow highland Nepenthes outside as the
temperatures (especially the night-time temperatures with a low of 80F
some nights) is too hot for the highland Nepenthes.

Mark Lysne