Re:D.regia propagation

From: Michael A Sankovich (aquilla2@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 29 1998 - 07:27:31 PST

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 07:27:31 -0800
From: aquilla2@juno.com (Michael A Sankovich)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:D.regia propagation

I know that regia can be propagated from root cuttings. But can it also
be propagated by leaf cuttings? I was also thinking of cuttung the crown
off and rooting that (similar to capensis) with the original root stalk
hopefully pushing
up new foliage from that. I am reluctant to do so as this is my only
one. would like some foolproof method as I am trying to replace these
for my source, as he lost all of his, and don't want to lose mine in the
process.

Sorry to post this here, but lost Peter Keller's E mail address.

Also looking for S. rubra alabamensis seeds or plants. E mail me
privately.
Thanks
Michael a Sankovich