pesticide for neps

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 26 1998 - 10:04:04 PST

Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:04:04 -0600 (CST)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: pesticide for neps

Hi list,

I have used Schults Pyrethrin based pesticide straight out of the spray
bottle without any dilution. It works well on most pests, including scale,
mites, thrips, aphids, etc. I haven't had any ill effects on my nepenthes.
I just spray it over the plants, being sure to get under the leaves, leave
it on for a few minutes, and then rinse the plants with water. I also
spray the surrounding soil to get the little nasties that are hiding. It's
a contact spray, not systemic, so watch to see if another application is
needed.

Paul Burkhardt