Re: Heliamphora problems

From: Tim Krug (tkrug@slip.net)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 18:39:38 PST

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:39:38 -0700
From: Tim Krug <tkrug@slip.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heliamphora problems

I grow 5 sub-species of heliamphoras. My gut feeling (and experience)
tells me your problem is humidity. Soil wetness and green sphagnum is not
enough. Light intensity doesn't cause the browning you describe unless the
plants get noticably burnt. Less light will cause substandard pitchering.
My advice is restrict the airflow and increase the humidity to 90% - 95%.

Tim Krug