Bylis Gigantea from seed

From: Haakan Murevaern (murevarn@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 11:58:17 PST

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:58:17 +0100
From: "Haakan Murevaern" <murevarn@algonet.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Bylis Gigantea from seed

Hi Mark and list,

>On another note, is there anyone on the list who has successfully raised
>Byblis gigantea from seed? I'm past the gib acid soaking part and have sown
>them onto milled sphagnum under lights. What medium should I transfer them
>to after the seedling phase? I really have no prior experience to go on and
>would appreciate any responses!

I did put my seedlings in peat mixed with sand. Strong light, not to warm
temperture and careful with watering is my expierence.

My _B.gigantea_ plants are one year know and looking great. I hope they will
flower this year. They are planted two together and thats looks nice and they
support each other.

Best regards

Haakan Murevaern
See my Carnivorous Plants at