Brazilian Drosera / Old Seed

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 15 1998 - 20:51:51 PST

Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:51:51 PST
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Brazilian Drosera / Old Seed

I've made several efforts in the past to find people growing Brazilian
Drosera. Here's another! I would like to know what species everyone
grows and who (if anyone) has had true luck with plants like
D.graminifolia and D.chrysolepis. Growing tips, please!

Right now, I've got seedlings of D."villosa ascendens" (thank you VERY
much to the fellow list member who sent me seed!) and a Drosera species
from 10 year-old seed which I recently sent to some list-members as
"D.sp.like capillaris (Brazil)". I would love to get a positive ID on
this species once and for all. Anyone interested? I might still have a
few seed. Wouldnt be surprised if it turned out to be a form of.......
capillaris....

To those of you I sent free seed to, I only heard back from 2 of you; i
*know* some of the 10 year old seed i sent out was viable since i
planted some quite a while after i mailed everything and have had good
results. Email me if you've got any news!

To anyone else with ancient seed - dont give up on it! A lot of it may
very well still be viable. Ummmm, could whoever I sent D.indica seed to
please email me if you've still got some? I'd like some back!
Happy growing
Matt H.