N. Burkei

From: William Burkel (cadgen@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 14 1998 - 05:57:50 PST

Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:57:50 -0500
From: William Burkel <cadgen@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. Burkei

I have a N. Burkei. In the past few weeks I have noticed something I have
never seen before. The plant's stem started to turn brown. It started near
the soil so I just brushed it off. Over the past 6 weeks or more the plant
has grown alot of traps so I did not worry. But now in the past 3-4 weeks
the brown has traveled up the stem and has even turn any leaf it touches
brown. But the traps are still growning great. The plant is 19-25 in long(
hard to say). Now for the weird part. I would of thought the plant was
starting to die off, But all of a sudden 2 weeks ago new leaves started at
the base of the stem(in the brown area). Now their is green at the bottom
and green at the top but brown in the middle. Any Ideas?