Re: D.capensis cvs.

From: Stefan Ploszak (imduff@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 07:08:43 PST

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 07:08:43 PST
From: "Stefan Ploszak" <imduff@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: D.capensis cvs.

Hi Rob,

>Oxford Botanic Gardens also has a group of plants named D. capensis
>"Merry-go-round", which appears to be a cultivar (or possibly even a
>hybrid) of D. capensis.
>Any information on D. capensis cultivars/forms would be appreciated.

I doubt that this will help you, but Alan Lowrie used to sell seeds of
D.capensis "Merry-go-round" (and also the "Crestate" variety). I believe
the "Merry-go-round" variety has flower stalks which reach for the sky
in a helical pattern. Alan's current list, located at
redtail.unm.edu/cp/lowrie.txt, lists the "Merry-go-round" and the
"giant" varieties. Maybe Alan could provide you with more info?

Stefan

Stefan