U.dichotoma selfing

From: Mark T. Bachelor (bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 20:36:44 PST

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:36:44 +1000
From: "Mark T. Bachelor" <bachelor@gateway.mggs.vic.edu.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: U.dichotoma selfing

>Does anyone know if U.dichotoma will self-pollinate or is self-fertile?

The way my plants set seed and spread to any sufficiently wet pot in my
collection, I would say yes. Although I always have a mass of flowers and
so they may be cross pollinating. All my plants are from the one orginal
source so it would make no difference either way.

Regards

Mark T Bachelor
Biology Technican
Melbourne Girls Grammar School Voice: +61 (03) 9866 1676
South Yarra, Victoria, Australia Fax: +61 (O3) 9866 5768