curiosity of who has what

From: Paul Burkhardt (burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 1998 - 12:38:42 PST

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:38:42 -0600 (CST)
From: Paul Burkhardt <burkhard@aries.scs.uiuc.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: curiosity of who has what

Hi list,

I am curious to know how many of you out there are successfully growing
some of the rarer and more difficult nepenthes. In particular, N.
edwardsiana, N. villosa, etc. I am not trying to procure any type of trade
or buy, just interested to know as these are fabled for their difficulty
and slow growth.

If you could provide your growing conditions, that would be very helpful,
as well as the time required for such a plant to become well established.
Perhaps even an article in the CPN to persuade, or dissuade, some of the
more timid growers such as myself.

I am currently growing N. lowii, N. rajah, N. inermis, and N. veitchii
(highland). These were obtained from Dr. Andreas Wistuba (hi) as tc plants
and have been doing quite well in my opinion, however, growth is extremely
slow compared to some lowlanders.

Paul Burkhardt