FW: Darlingtonia et al germination

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 06:34:00 PST

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:34:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: FW: Darlingtonia et al germination

Wim recently posted to the list our private discussion about methods for
sowing Darlingtonia and Sarracenia seed when he made a statement about
why people would try complicated methods of putting Sarr seeds in small
vials with a sprig of sphagnum. Once he realized that I was that person
he apologized.

Here's my response to him and I think is something we should all keep in
mind as we discuss cp methods (and opinions) intermixed with human
emotions.

>no problem. You criticized a method, a growing a technique, which is
what the list is >for. The problem arises when someone starts
criticizing the person. So, don't worry, >be happy just like the song.

David