Re:VFT Andrew

From: John Walker (jorwa@syspac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 07:06:05 PST

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 08:06:05 -0700 (MST)
From: John Walker <jorwa@syspac.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:VFT Andrew

At 07:58 PM 2/19/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Spring is a good time to transplant, diluted liquid fertilizer ( two days
>in a row over middle of Venus) stimulates new hairs on the roots after
>move. If Venus starts to dry out, it needs water over roots. If traps
>turn black to much water. Keeping them alive is easier when you keeps a
>plastic dome over the plant and some of these unwanted condition will
>stop also.
I have seen several posts to this list over the last couple of years
promoting the application of diluted fertilizer on VFTs. I have never had
anything but bad results when trying this myself and have quit
experimenting. Has anyone really had any luck mixing VFTs and any kind of
fertilizer?

Regards,
John in Phoenix