Nep odour

From: Ide Laurent (ide@arcadis.be)
Date: Fri Feb 20 1998 - 10:41:24 PST

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:41:24 +0100
From: Ide Laurent <ide@arcadis.be>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nep odour

Hi all

Sorry, Perry, I've forgotten you in my Nep-wizards list. And didn't know your
nose-abilities... (-;

Well, my smelling Nepenthes is Burkei (a kind of ventricosa for remembering)
and the smell is like some urinal fragrance, lightly, with another smell
remembering to me the fresh corn, when you take it, still green, in the
fields. But the image of the sweaty horse isn't so bad.

Noticing the nectar was produced at night, I imagined they could be pollinated
by night butterflies. Then, analyzing with my ACME-nose the odour, I imagined
beetles and flies. I'm glad I've found the answer... Though it means I must
live with this stuff in my room for many days. Hopefully, it's winter and
there are no flies, nor beetles. Thinking how my Sarr rubra was attracting the
wasps in my house last summer, I wouldn't imagine... BZZ-BZZ

Laurent

PS : once again (I've seen this question many times here) how could I pack
some pollen to send it by mail ?