CP's of Australia, Vol. 1

From: SCTRFCS@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 18 1998 - 21:00:49 PST

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 00:00:49 EST
From: SCTRFCS@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP's of Australia, Vol. 1

With regard to the situation of sold out copies of Allen Lowrie's 'Carnivorous
Plants of Australia, Volume 1': Has Allen been approached to consider doing a
reprint of this book given the apparent relative demand. It might be
necessary for those of us who are interested to 'presubscribe' in order to
determine if the numbers would be workable. Even with the color photographs
it is hard to imagine the cost rising above the $200 level that appears to be
the starting point for used copies. I know there are other factors that come
into play however I would be interested in hearing what they are. After all
we are not dealing with medical textbooks.

Bob Sheppard, Los Alamos, NM.