Not another field trip!

From: PTemple001@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 15 1998 - 06:17:32 PST

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 09:17:32 EST
From: PTemple001@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Not another field trip!

And so my long silence breaks.

Since mid-last year I have hardly used email and have many CP Digests (over
100) yet to read. My friends have been granted a wonderful break from my
incessant electronic chatter but some have also suffered from a lack of
response! Apologies those who found the silence depressing rather than
satisfying!!!

And so I'm off to the Dominican Republic again. This time for 4 whole weeks.
And yes, there is always the hope that I'll visit exciting CP locations. But
the honest truth is different. For those who followed my earlier episodes of
trekking in the tropics, you know that I met a delightful young lady called
Sol. Well, we shall be married in two weeks time, so the CP hobby really did
blossom!!! A true story of beauty and the beast, but alas, unlike in the
fairy tale, the kisses do not appear to allow me to revert to my naturally
hansome form so I remain trapped in this body of a beast. Still, I will keep
trying!!! (There is no truth whatsoever in the rumour that I just bought the
top of the range Sony digital videocam to photograph P. casabitoana in
habitat. Obviously it was entirely essential that I buy this to record the
wedding!!!)

So, thanks to all of you who showed any interest in my reports on Cuba and the
Dominican Republic. Thanks to, to the many friends I've made via this
internet conference, and their support and patience. I hope very much to meet
some of you (old friends, new friends, silent friends that emigrated to the
USA [hint! hint!], yet to be friends) at the CP Conference in Germany and to
thereafter rejoin this conference as a slightly more active member.

Best regards

Paul