Re: Updated Homepage : new pix added

From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
Date: Fri Feb 13 1998 - 08:41:26 PST

Date:          Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:41:26
From: SCHLAUER@chemie.uni-wuerzburg.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject:       Re: Updated Homepage : new pix added

Dear Gilles,

> I have just updated my homepage with some new pictures of D. oblanceolata
> (flowers), as well as a little bit of organisation... ;-]

Is there any reason why nobody succeeded yet in taking photos of these
flowers such that the styles are in focus and good contrast? It is
almost *only* these styles that distinguish _D. oblanceolata_ clearly
from _D. spatulata_, but all people who have possibly seen _D.
oblanceolata_ in flower recently have wasted their time by examining
and describing in great detail the leaves, peduncles, sepals, petals,
filaments, anthers, but NEVER the styles. I fail to understand this.

Kind regards
Jan