RE: Self-introduction

From: Mellard, David (dam7@cdc.gov)
Date: Tue Feb 10 1998 - 11:21:00 PST

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:21:00 -0500
From: "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Self-introduction

Hi Antonio and welcome to THEE list.

It's nice to have some one from the home of Drosophyllum lusitanicum.
I'm trying to successfully germinate and grow Drosophyllum right now and
have two young seedlings with more soon to sprout -- hopefully. And
thanks to members who sent me Drosophyllum seeds recently. I am
determined to grow this plant.

Antonio, I'd appreciate it if you could share what you know about the
habitat of Drosophyllum, particularly the soil matrix, pH, temperature
variation during the year, and rainfall variation.

I taught a risk assessment and toxicology course in Portugal about 5
years ago and still remember the warm times I had teaching in Oporto,
Portuguese food, a train ride along the Duoro River, coffee, Lisboa,
port wine, and the friendly people everywhere.

Muito obrigado for you help,
David