N. philippinensis

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Tue Feb 03 1998 - 11:23:01 PST

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:23:01 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. philippinensis

Phil Mann's excellent web page has several pictures labelled
"N. philippinensis?" (note question mark). I have a plant that
was labelled N. alata 'philippinensis' when I got it that I have
blithely assumed should now be labelled N. phillipinensis.
Superficially, my plants do not look that much like the pictures
on Phil's page, but then it appears that Phil is not certain of the
identity of the pictured plants either.

Can anyone give advice on how to differentiate N. phillipinensis
from say a red alata?

Thanks,
Richard Ellis "ricell@juno.com"
Boulder, CO