Re: Re: N. ventricosa or burkei?

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 15:50:00 PST

Date:    Mon, 02 Feb 98 18:50 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: N. ventricosa or burkei?

> Dave, I would have agreed with you 100% a few weeks ago. Then I saw a
> REAL N. burkei. It is in a collection here in south Florida, where it
> is now gaining size and producing pitchers with our cool winter nights.
> It is a young plant, but is most definitely not a ventricosa, nor does
> it look like any of the hybrids I have seen. Leaf/growth habit is like
> ventricosa, but the pitchers are different.

Hello Trent,

   Could you please explain what the differences are? So far, I
have not been able to understand what those differences are, besides
for color and size. Something about the angle of the lid compared
to that of the peristome? I did look at the photos displayed on
Johanna Marabini's web-page, but still didn't notice the difference.

Feeling left out of the N.burkei loop,
Dave Evans