Re: Best water for CP, where to get it at the best price

From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Tue Jan 27 1998 - 11:13:55 PST

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:13:55 -0500
From: BREWER_CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Best water for CP, where to get it at the best price

The price of your RO water seems a bit high. I believe we have the same
machines which sell water for as low as 35 cents per gallon. Another
good source for RO water is outside some Kmart stores. Just some added
advice.
                     Charles

     The cost? Probably cheaper than it costs the hobby grower with a
Reverse-Osmosis unit or water distiller to operate their equipment. The
prices are around (I do not remember the exact prices) 2 gallon containers
for $3.50 and less than a dollar for each refill, 3 gallon containers for
$5.50 and about a dollar a refill, and (this is what I bought) 5 gallon
containers (with a faucet built in) for $7.50 and about $1.25 a refill.
     These prices are probably the best possible for water this pure. Check
your local supermarket for these units. The one I have begun to use is in a
Metro (that is the name of the chain) supermarket. The company that makes
the unit is Harmony Brook.
     Just thought I would pass this info along, it seems to me a good deal,
and it would probably be difficult to find water for CP that is any purer.

Matt - TheEdge@amdyne.net