Re:Ants in the kitchen

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 1998 - 18:41:24 PST

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:41:24 -0500
From: Richard Brown <esoft@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re:Ants in the kitchen

>What species of Nepenthes have you used. Could you tell?

Hello Danny,

Trent here in the office. The most successful Nepenthes as far as
catching insects, for me here in south Florida, is N. alata. Since I
have several different varieties of alata, and all are prolific growers
and pitcher producers, it is the plant I used in the kitchen. The
particular plant I used came from Bruce Bednar, and he got it from the
University of Washington (pacific Northwest, not the U.S. capitol). Even
though it is a highlander, it has no problem with the terrible summer
heat of south Florida. Ants love it.

Until later,

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida